Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Gathering Maryland Data, Are you ready for Maryland ?

Some years back I did major  research in Maryland files looking  for family names. I am a Duvall, descendant of Moreen Duvall. I am a Jones descendant from Cpt William Jones, daughter Elizabeth.

I am descendant of a Hoffman from  Maryland, listed on a tax list in 1805.  I know they were in Virginia much earlier.  When the land sold in 1805 it was what one brother sold to the other in Virginia records.  Earlier  times kept people in close contact and distant both. Newspapers reported more information on the people than today.  A lost cow, a broken wagon with injuries, a flood that caused major need of neighbors help all were reports in the papers. They covered more than a hundred miles many times and neighbors in others.  Ads are great for information verses the stories. Do not forget to look at the ads in the papers.

I have a book started on Maryland but it is on older computer.  One day soon I will resurrect it.

Another bit of news for you all on Maryland.  It has an extensive list of societies, both historical and genealogical.  It has data on Census, Vital Records and the list goes on.Maryland Genealogy Societies 


http://www.censusfinder.com/maryland-genealogy-society.htm

Wed  15th 6 to 8 pm Lemon Grove Library  

Free all welcome.






No comments:

Post a Comment