Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Cliff Lamere is sharing NY OBIT Information.

New Lebanon Central School is in very northern Columbia County, but some of its students come from Stephentown in southern Rensselaer County.  I taught biology and general science there for three years in the early 1960s, so I have always had an interest in the school.  It was very enjoyable teaching those rural teenagers. 
I spent about two months working everyday trying to locate obituaries for that school system, and continue to update them.  At present, I have found 267 obituaries for 313 known deceased graduates from 1925-2010.  Social Security information and Findagrave data and photos have been added to the webpage for many of those whose obituary could not be found.  I also have found 88 obituaries for 91 known deceased employees of the school system (teachers, administrators, bus drivers, custodians, secretaries, cafeteria workers, etc.).

The graduate obituaries are arranged by graduation year, then alphabetically by graduation surname within each year.  The idea was to make it easy for a visiting graduate to quickly find classmates.



Cliff Lamere 


Cliff I want to share this with our  society we have many from this region, May I.  Susi Pentico 

Please do share it with your society.  I want people to use it and, hopefully, find some useful information.

A new way to look for obituary's. Thanks much. Cliff.,  Susi

No comments:

Post a Comment