Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Carol Sobke Presents How My Hobbies Have Branched Together

CVGS General Meeting
When: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:00 PM, PDT
Where: Chula Vista Civic Center Library Auditorium
Will you be attending?




EVENT DETAILS:
Chula Vista Genealogy Society General Meeting.
“A New Family Tree to Plant
 or 
How My Hobbies Have Branched Together”
Presented by: Carole Sobke

Carole's Power Point presentation is about her other hobbies and how they relate to my genealogy. There is a little German and Scottish ancestry, but mostly San Diego and Sacramento family history. "It was just something I put together for fun!", says Carole, "It won't be necessary to take notes and there is no handout."
Carole is a native San Diegan and "root bound" as she has never lived more that 10 miles from where she was born - Mercy Hospital! She spent many years as a bookkeeper and library technician. "I have dabbled in a little family history for about fifty years but didn't get really 'hooked' until I took Randy Seaver's Oasis class. During one session I discovered an insane asylum record for a 2nd great-grandmother. That did it - the skeleton's in the closet began to appear - and I have found many!"

Following the presentation by our guest speaker there will be raffle drawings, refreshments and fellowship to complete the program.

 Attendance is free

No comments:

Post a Comment