Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Marisa Lowe Guest Speaker Bonita- Sunnyside Library 2 July

Workshop

2 July 2016 
1:30 pm to 4 pm 



"Ancestry and the LIbraries
genealogical holdings"




Presented by Marisa Lowe


Librarian II,
Branch Manager,
County of San Diego


My name is Marisa Lowe, and I am the branch manager at the Bonita-Sunnyside library. I’ve been with the San Diego County library system for 11 years. I’ve worked at Bonita for nearly three years now, and I’ve also worked at Solana Beach, Santee and Lakeside libraries. Before working for the library, I was a Community News reporter for the San Diego Union-Tribune and a reporter  for a small publication called the San Diego Downtown News.
My favorite part of my library job is helping customers find resources and books, connecting them with information and also training staff. In my spare time, I love to read, cook and watch movies. I am a fourth-generation San Diegan, so I love reading about San Diego history. One cool thing about my own San Diego connection: my great-grandmother attended the 1915 Panama Exposition and sold candy there as a young 
girl!



Please register for this event if you intend to attend so we may better prepare the venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment