Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 15, 2023

WONDERING WHY, HAVE YOU EVER DONE THE SAME?

        

        Randy's  on Wednesday was a  major event for many,  I suspect. Having been requesting 

genealogists to share data  all the time I have done genealogy and that has been at least 50 years.

Yes Mom indoctrinated me in as a youth.  Then First born near death and I had to cold call my in -laws

I had yet to meet and ask serious medical questions. Husband in situation he could not be reached.

Military. 

       I learned quickly they were awesome and the news they gave me helped to save our child.

Many years later we found Mom's line and theirs interlinked, 60 yrs later.  I believe it was third cousins

a way back shared kin.  BROWN.  

        At the meeting some members who've never attended any of my classes,  shared places and names 

 about areas I have researched and some been to with kin in.  Another now deceased member Virginia 

Taylor shared some of this area with me years ago..  She was also a cousin we learned about ten years 

before her leaving us.  

          Having also worked for the Golden Gate Forum by George Ferguson on AOL, having covered the 

Mid-Atlantic region for nearly 10 years for them. Yes,  my shelves have more information also.   

Much of my Mothers lines came from Maryland, Old Virginia and Pennsylvania.  

         I went to Pennsylvania in 1994. Spent two weeks with family kin that were as awesome as what

my Grandfather had always told me. His request to me was  <go to Greene Co. PA and meet, our family.>.

        Anxiously await to hear from new faces that I am sure one may link to mine.  One Guest did 

not share the name only the area.  That does not make genealogy grow.   The information is helpful

but having learned from some of the best Genealogists around, sharing is so vital to finding the "lost name 

in the plethora of names, places and times of the past."       An example is Pennsylvania's boundary 

changes over the years of development.  The government changed also over a period of time. The

 southwest region of the state was claimed by Virginia and changed in 1780's.  Also the same applied to

Maryland, they claimed about 50 miles up into Pennsylvania,  verses Pennsylvania claimed into . ,

 Maryland.  This being the reason for the Mason - Dixie Line which was done more than once to 

make all happier.

      Ohio was part of the early package on the west.  Much of my kin were in all three regions early. Of 

course , the government was expanding. originally Virginia claimed to the Mississippi River, and north to

 Iowa region etc..  More to follow just wish more attended classes.




No comments:

Post a Comment