Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 26, 2019

Class Reunions, have you checked?

Class Reunions, have you checked?

 O wow, I missed our reunion again but just chatted with a classmate of the 1950's era and learned we have family coming from the same region in mid west and states.

A few years ago there was a bad fire in Central Ca and I then learned a class mate of mine was a distant relative.  She shared their son had been burnt out completely lost everything. So in the course of chatting we discovered we were 4 Cousins.

In school we never talked that much about the potential for making cousins.  We did have a couple of interesting history type assignments that had us talking about our ancestors.

The community I had lived in for 9 + Years but they were slow to accept us.  In school it was easier because we took up a large area of communities to create Tomales High School. Go BRAVES

As a Senior I did a thesis on my Great Grandfather's battle in the Civil War.  But it was not known until 10 years after that he was there. What a jolt that was. I picked the battle he lost his brother in and almost lost him in.

Many other classmates wrote about WW2 or WW1 for theirs.  Now wondering how many in our class of 32 with 28 graduating were actually distant kin back about 5 to 7 generations.

So if you can recall the shared stories in class you may have a way to pick up on pieces you have not found by attending a Reunion and asking about the parents and ancestors.

Mr. Sullivan would get us to talk about some of out past and it was always fun and interesting for me.  I had great teachers there.

Ironic I majored in English in High School. But living in a mixed community of nationalities, it is something I have to think about some time to make sure I have used the current correct grammar.

I have had Latin, Spanish  *Spain style, Border Spanish for high schools here and learned a tidbit of Russian from Rich Pozzi's Grandmom and always wanted to learn more about that language.

Enough that one day at hospital a man needed help and I could understand him, so I helped the nurse with what he said to get the help he and wife needed. I hadn't realized I had retained so much of that language.

Maybe someday I can learn more.  Of course I learned a bit of Italian living in Valley Ford.   : > )


Check what your classmates may be able to help you with before you are all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment