Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Quarterlies, Pamphlets, and Newsletters Questions


I am asking how many readers  use these sources for information?

I subscribe to a group of Genealogical Societies and they all produce what I have always thought was good information for a genealogist to be aware of. Having even broken Brick Walls with the information, was surprised how many go to only on line sources? for information.

Yes, some groups are putting their information on line so you can garner data there.

Totally amazed at the recent information found in the Vermont Genealogy  produced by the Genealogical Society of Vermont.  Was this a new quarterly? No, it was a much earlier one for early 2000.

See I have data that says whom Susan Madison's parents were, but the more I learn I am not sure that the sources are correct at all.

Next time to the Michigan Archives I want to see if they have anything for the regions she was from.

At those Archives I found data in a Quarterly that completed another line that was in Maryland.

Amazing what is out there if you go looking.


Please go looking at things besides the internet.  It may surprise you.

One has to remember many states were under other states early ie Maine was under Massachussetts, North Carolina and South Carolina were under VA for a short period of time.

Also Maryland claimed several miles north into Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania claimed about 50 miles into Maryland.  I think it was also relevant for several other states.

Remember the Ohio Company covered to the Mississippi River in some areas until the states were incorporated in the upper region.

So please contact me as to, if you use these vital sources in your research.

You can reply here to this post if  you wish, or try SusiCP1@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment