Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Was Reminded, Thought I would Share.

Was Reminded, Thought I would Share. As we reviewed our bylaws I was thrilled to see what part of it said. In attempting to get everyone to share, please let me explain. When you are looking in a specific place or book and you know your fellow genealogist may have a name there. IT is a courtesy to check the index for their surname as well. IF we all knew whom was researching which area we develop a larger pool of information. Never have not seen this work sooner or later. As I was explaining to a member a few years back I helped a fellow member dig around for data and later she gave me a book she no longer needed. I did not think it was needed but did not say no. Believe me a month ago I picked up that book and flipped through the index and wow Not believing my eyes. YES on 1 page I had three lines and one I had been hunting for. The three interconnecting lines are related to my lines. Talk about thankful. Glad I did a retake before preparing to recycle the book. Genealogy is about sharing and caring for each other and their needs ie names, places and dates. One truly never knows when a new clue may pop up. You can look for years and not see it but suddenly there it is. More than two eyes are always better than one set. At one time we met and every other month we would have everyone whom attended state the surnames looked for and places so maybe someone else will also get included especially if they are looking for data in the same area. Best of Luck and share places and names with fellow members so we can help each other resolve our missed ancestors be found. I am going to start putting the data here for all to look at whom is researching in which states and then what the names are. I am almost positive we will find some links that were previously not known. Lots of luck so now share your 5 Generation charts with me and the states or places you are looking. YES, sharing is part our Purpose. ******* The Purpose of the Society is to promote general interest in the related fields of genealogy, history, and heraldry by individual and group effort. The activities shall include, but not be limited to: A. Encouraging the excchange of research information; B. Coordinating research activities; C. Educating members to assist others in research; D. Obtaining and organizing research materials; E. Acquiring books, manuscripts, and materials for the Chula Vista Public Library. The Society shall meet the requirements for exemption provided by Section 214 of the Revenue and Taxation Code, in cooperation with other like organizations. This Corporation is organized exclusively for the charitable purposes with in the meaning of the section 501(c))3) of the Internal Revenue Code. I wanted to share this since the comments abound the other day about doing genealogy at our last meeting. Sometimes for joy of helping others more than covers not finding what we hoped for ourselves. Thanks to all our members and their caring and sharing and helping us make this many years as an orgainization. NOW do you remember how many years? Of course not most of you did not start with us but joined as after you found us or moved here or developed the desire to do Genealogical Research on self or some one in your family. Susi at SusiCP1@gmail.com. Comments are welcome. Do come join us. Please and Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment