Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Fall is coming, may Research bring you great Joy.

FALL IS COMING. I love fall for doing research. Right now we have raindrops falling. Yes, it is only August. Remains of Tropical storm affecting the south west USA. As I was working through piles of information to be filed I found this really neat book. Seneca County Genealogical Society printed Seneca County, Ohio Ancestral Charts. 1990. On a page in the book I found the mingle of three of my names about 80 years before I did it. I do not know if the creator of the chart is alive but I am sure the society may have a few answers to my questions. After all that is what we do is Help Others as a society. Having looked in Ohio data on these names but in very different counties. Never dreaming, A STONE UNTURNED was about to show me why we have to dig a wee deeper each time we think we are done. Having other books that have done that to me also over the years. Curious has other socities bound their charts? Someone said to much work to alphabetize. I said that is what computer progrms are for. Personally I couldd not care as long as I could read the information and maybe find another clue to my missing pieces. Yes 60 years of research and still many missing pieces and yet some of kin kept good mental or physical records. Thank You Ancestors. Thanks DAD for all those trips back to Wyoming and the other neighboring states. Thanks for the Iowa and Kansas kin that would meet us in WYO. Luckily in some lines I met 3 generations back of me. Genealogy is fun work, and can be very stressful or relaxing. One year I went to Michigan to the National Convention in Grand Rapids. Getting to glimpse at some of the President Ford's Museum information was far more fun than food. Yes on the carrier on display was a mock up of a E2 Hawkeye that my husband was associated with and made tools to make it easier to work on and save the Navy money. Thanks Fred E Pentico. He actually did more than one. It was cool to see Mrs Ford in a fur coat. Today that is not acceptable. I always wanted a stole. My how our times have changed and genealogy is changing witih it. Doctors are now using DNA to help make People well and to help some to not get sick . Everything just keeps changing. Others use it to find an organ donor, a parent, sibling or child. So onward and upward and lets see what more we can learn. But lets do it together. It is so much more fun. Wanting you to all bring a 5Generation Chart to our Bonita Sunnyside Meeting next Tuesday. You pick which member missing you want to find. See if anyone else in our group is researching in that area. They may have been stumbling over your ancestors looking for theirs. Tid Bit to Add, Anna's Resturant is no more since covid we meet once a month at the. Bonita-Sunnyside Library, in Bonita, CA Next to Sherrif Offices and Museum for Bonita. third Tues every month 1 to 3 pm. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment