Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Jean W. Hibben, Presentation was Great

Jean W. Hibben did a great presentation today as always. I tend to be a bit bias since her hubby was a distant cousin. Thinking of them often. Karen Y made a terrific comment about writing down the family lore or stories. Being blessed we have had several written down and they were very factual. I suspect writing down at the time tends to make it more accurate. Having an Indian lineage not proven has been interesting. One lineage they contacted me . WHOOPEE. Great Uncle Claude had the FOULK/ FOLK family history done in the mid 1950's. His wife my Great Aunt said he read it and promptly burnt it. Much to her horror. Then word got out he had Indian lineage in his background. He didn't want to have Indian heritage. Leave it to me, I went to see him and we discussed this topic. Saying he loved me very much and recognizing we had some of that lineage in our tree he decided to accept it. But the book was gone. I have not found who the Genealogist was who did the book. The irony of all this was his sister my Grandmother always told us that her Grandmother taught them many Indian traditions and medical knowledge. She walked them in the woods and talked about plants and trees etc. When she visited she shared so many stories I wish I had written down. Those stories may have resolved many of the dead ends I seem to keep running into. She also made various drinks for us to use for sore throats and coughs. And she said that her Grandmother was half Indian. I beleive from CT. At this time no proof. Ironic, my so called (adopted) Ggrandma whom was my cousins Great Grandmom whom I loved very much. Did that very thing. Matilda Richoli ie Granda. She in turn took Bob, Don and I out to pick stuff for her making cough drops for the winter this being Bob and Don and Mike's Ggrandmom Granda R. We shared this the other day in a couple of phone calls. In reading some of the data in this book about part of our JONES line I had to ?? a couple of comments. Again had it been written down we may have had more knowledge factual. My cousin Don did a super great job on putting this together. So glad he did, now wish he would give me a few comments or page about my Dad, His Uncle. I am going to ask him to. This book is about the Ladies in my cousins life. He said he was tired of reading about the men. The Mom's etc deserved more credit.. Thanks again. Don Morelli A great cousin and big brother over the years as was his brothers Bob and Michael. Thanks Again guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment