Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 3, 2023

3 September 1938. Wheatland, Wyoming

   3 Sept 1938, Wheatland, Wyo Court House.  


    Dad took Mom down to the Court House with her. brother and others and they exchanged 

    their wedding vows.  Dad left us in 1995.   They had a good life together.  


   They lived in Wheatland, Wyo on a cattle Ranch for Morris Thomas then moved to a

   cattle ranch in Greybull, WYO.    Then the War came along and he was needed to 

   milk cows in California so they moved west almost to the Pacific Ocean about 8 

   miles away.  Living at Morelli's his brother in laws. They added Roberta Geraldine

   12 Nov 1946.  We then moved to Leo Moretti's Ranch a few miles down the road 

    and Mom had Ray Dee Jones Jr.  I started school while living there.  They had to

   drive into Petaluma for my Kindergarten class and my First grade class.  

   Dad started looking for a home for us and after many places of looking 

   we settled in a town called Valley Ford, CA.  He milked cows then at Mr. Atkinson's

    in Bloomfield.   Then he learned he could work at Hunt and Behrens ' in Petaluma.

    He retired from there many years later.  

    They had M Dale JONES in 1952 at Petaluma Hospital and our address was our 

    own in Valley Ford, Ca .  Lucky and Dale went to Valley Ford School in front of 

    our house at the end of our lane.  Sis and I were at St. Vincents, and Valley Ford 

    School and we all graduated from Tomales High School in Tomales, CA.

    She and I were in and out of St. Vincents for various years.  


      Yes, Dad and Mom bought in 1948 in Valley Ford.  I did 3rd and 4th and 5th grade

      there. Then back to St. Vincent's until I was starting my Junior year  I was able

      to come back and go to Tomales High School and graduate with my girlfriend

      Norma Jean Bordessa.  Alice Merga graduated the year before. Jane and Diane

      Beal also neighbors and friends were also at Tomales High School. I believe Jane 

      graduated with Alice.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment