Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Researching of Today. and the Changes we are Learning

Today we had a DNA Meeeting with our DNA leader. It was heavy, intense and not what I expected. Having said that I will explain some of my feelings. DNA is still growing and changing and becoming more in depth. As Genealogists should we be following this lineage of research? Or should we be working on the tree then when the DNA is more stable for finite research, use it? Having the appreciation of what I have learned and been able to discover in my parents trees. To confirm a couple of family stories as fact was the frosting on top. To learn a Great Uncle whom I dearly loved had his tree done. Did not want to learn what it said and burnt it. WE had a long chat about that when I went to Wyoming to visit much family with my parents and help drive. I still have not run down the Indian that was in the tree and if they found it in the 1960's it should be able to be found today. His thoughts on Indians were muddled. He said he loved me and having Indian heritage did not make me someone he did not want to know and love. Mom said when he lost his son he sorta adopted me as the replacement. That side of family was closer in age than many families but we did have others that were closer. Finding DNA a terrific topic and have followed it in Archeology before I got into Genealogy I think gave me a step up in grasping it. 4-H and FFA projects teach DNA for your animals also for showing and displaying. The topic today left me wondering if we should do our research or just wait til the government has it all figured out. Having many names I have not even cracked the book on, the intense of topic left me wondering about what names do you choose to research besides immediate parents. Then you have the medically needed data in some lineages. Today DNA is being used and followed by various Medical Personel to help families conquer ailments. It has shown many strides in the improvement of many lives. It has already helped in my family line and husbands regarding medical. Just heavy thoughts on the entensity of yesterdays Meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment