Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Sharing a Discovery. Hoping Others Learn Also.

Sharing a Discovery I was clearing files and boxes and discovered a very important note that had been sent me. It was not something I ever recall seeing before. Having been away a bunch at times and was playing catch up when returning. I want to warn you all to have a good system in place in case very vital data arrives while you are away. Now I am attempting find their data and their family and see if they can share more with me. I knew we were in that area after New York but did not realize it was more than a couple of the Jones's. Suspecting that they came across the canal to western NY and then over to MIchigan down and over to Illinois region ie Nunda which I did find my line. Later learned that another boy came to Michigan after his escapades with water and river and creating a new Lake. He also was down in this Nunda area and over to Iowa where my line moved to. So yes they were in touch for this to happen I am sure. Wish I had talked more to Grandfathers children when they were still alive. I knew there was a family picture of them that hung in the hallway in their home. Seems NO one knows where it went. Do I want it? No but I would like a copy of it to see the familys facial features. So this note tells me more about my Jones and back to Rhode Island at least. Some of the names she mentions I had but not sure where they were to be placed. Long ago a distant cousin put massive files in the hanging files in Vermont Library across the river from where they lived. I suspect she lived nearer that library than others. Or got less stress going there, but the files have been ransacked and many pages have dissappeared. Like about 9 of them. So it is hit miss to put together. Not always the best event. So if I had seen this note 10 years ago I would be so much more down the solid road. O yes, it was put in my file but the completed file so I had not scanned those documents or letters in some years. At least it confirms what is found and now I have other kin to locate to gather more information, at least trusting so. Maybe with just the last name of the wife it will give me more answers. So if you go away and have data stored, it may pay to relook in that file to see if someone added something you are not aware of. It truly made my day. O yes I have minimal data on the canal escapade, from Albany area to west side of NY. So many of the things this family line has done or encountered is so true to our lives. History amazes me. Dad"s cattle brand was the same as his Grandfathers but he had no recollection of ever meeting him. Just the stories in Dad's line and siblings that go back to copy others in their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment