Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 3, 2020

Names, Places, Changes, and More.

  Well, having received a My Heritage.com Match, I gave it a look.   I read and reread dates and places.  Went to my tree and what did  I see.

  Basically confusion, many dates were correct but places names were not, mmm that could be a boundary change right?

 To add to the confusion,  it was a generation of correct and then a generation of, off a year, different town etc.

 Thinking maybe they were copying someones tree or trees.

 NO that can't be people are honest and do not do that right??? ooo WRONG.  But not having proof
 wrote a letter requesting more information on the sources and family as they presented it.

 Back to having to dig up the history better than what I can remember it to see if it was boundary changes or something else.  History is so important in our research.

 History if  it had been recorded right would have probably prevented much mayhem of today. Or had the students learned it more cleanly.

 How often when you get matches do you have these problems?  Is it more prevalent or less?

 Normally I only use solid sources for matches.

Realizing not all names come with that I do try to do more comparing and asking questions.

What kind of success do you have when you get offered matches on your tree?

Please respond.

 Trying to determine if a class on this topic would be a good event.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment