Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Finding Help In Strange Places

Finding Help in Strange Places.

Yup, Pinterest is strange to me to locate information but I found a bit this week by accident.

Just like I love FACEBOOK, because of all the groups on Facebook and the sharing they are doing to help each other.  

Facebook  lets me talk to cousins, in Iowa, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Alabama, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington and all the places our family has taken roots.

Facebook lets us meet new friends and work associates and share data, much like the old Golden gate Forum did long ago.

Many ie most major genealogical societies are on Facebook.  With great results in getting assistance some times faster than contacting the main office.

https://mathcs.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/?fbclid=IwAR0YZSnuii_PmQ2yJX2H3OM9Qd1Q-6HiJZ3HbF14u_7hHKUpLyAVrvO4y58

https://mathcs.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/report/

 Pane-Joyce Genealogy 

David Pane-Joyce


Wow a lot is coming for us by his hard work.  

Find A Grave  is helpful if they would just leave things stable instead of constant changes.

My favorite all time has always been www.usgenweb.org and www.worldgenweb.org.  followed by Rootsweb.org  .

New ones seem to have surfaced for me.  You may want to try these. GeneaBios  www.geneabios.com

www.accessgenealogy.com         and of course do not forget National Archives  
www.nationalarchives.gov. 

As I said to a friendly acquaintance the other day, I like to grab a Will Book and read all the Wills,
for there is always more than one family member in them books and you can sometime find the missing link.  I like to do the same with Deed Books the same way.  They tell many stories about families you may otherwise miss.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment